Exclusive!!! Pix 11 news covers "Are You The Next Teen Superstar" with Sean Garrett
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, all applicants must attend a casting call on (date, time location), All applicants must bring a completed application when they arrive at the audition venue and a recent photo. Go to www.nextteensuperstar.com for more details and instruction. All contestants MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and must bring a government-issued photo ID. If you are accompanied by a legal guardian, as opposed to a parent, your legal guardian must bring proof of guardianship (for example, a court order). If your parent or legal guardian is not available to accompany you to the registration and audition, your parent or legal guardian may appoint a guardian to accompany you to the registration and audition process. YOUR APPOINTED GUARDIAN MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE AND MUST ACCOMPANY YOU TO THE VENUE FOR THE REGISTRATION AND AUDITION DAYS. In order to appoint a guardian, your parent or legal guardian must complete, sign and have NOTARIZED the attached Guardian and Medical Authorization for Minors form. You MUST bring the signed and notarized form to registration with you, along with your appointed guardian. Your parent or legal guardian must also sign and have NOTARIZED the attached Release. You MUST bring the signed and notarized Release with you to the audition, along with your appointed guardian. Your appointed guardian must also bring a government-issued photo ID (for example, a driver’s license or passport) to registration and the audition.
3. JUDGING: The Grand Prize Winner will be selected after passing through the following three (3) stages of the Contest: All entries will be judged by EARS staff, entertainment industry professionals based on the following criteria: 33% appeal; 33% talent; 34% uniqueness. From all eligible entries, semi-finalists will be chosen to participate in the "Search for the Next teen superstar semi-finals in New York City. Ten (10-20) finalists will be chosen to participate in the final performance competitions in New York City, where one lucky winner will be announced as the Teen Superstar .
4. PRIZES: One Winner will receive a "single deal" with a major record label to be announced at a the final showcase event in NYC. The single will be produced “Grammy award winning producer” SEAN GARRETT. The winner will also perform at the 2011 I WILL GRADUATE DAY Concert in NYC sponsored by HOT 97 FM and will have single debuted on HOT 97FM.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor sole permission to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant's submitted photos, video, along with Entrant's name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, and parent or legal guardian where the Potential Winner has not reached the age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner's name and/or likeness, biographical information, and photograph for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property (including death) relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. ADDITIONAL CONTEST REQUIREMENTS: Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify contestants at any time from the Contest and to award any prize to other contestants, in the event that contestants: refuse any aspect of any prize offered; refuse to participate or fail to appear in any Contest event or promotion; become involved in any situation or occurrence that EARS Entertainment Group deems likely to subject EARS Entertainment Group, Prize Suppliers, any contestant or any winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt; or commit any acts or alleged acts of misconduct. Acts or alleged acts of misconduct include but are not limited to: acts of dishonesty, theft, moral turpitude; threatening, injuring, abusing, or endangering others; abusing alcohol or illegal drugs; or acts that would constitute criminal conduct under state or federal law.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9.. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is EARS Entertainment Group 585 8th Avenue New York, NY 10018.